Updated: Jan 19, 2022
Part time - Permanent - Market Weighton
Who we are?
A great opportunity has risen to join a unique Florist!
Flower Merchant is a modern florist which incorporates a Gin Emporium. The store specialises in luxury bouquets, gifts and small batch spirits. The business has been privately owned for the last 13 years and is proud to have launched its own spirits - needless to say we are ecstatic about our new venture and as such our business has to be restructured.
We are looking for a friendly, experienced Florist to support us in our Market Weighton store. This role will involve working closely with the management to develop weddings and to maintain customer relationships.
Professionalism and politeness are the core principles of our business, it is vital all our customers enjoy the same experience, whether they shop on line or direct in the store.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an approachable, friendly and experienced florist who is capable and comfortable at engaging with clients on a professional level and have the ability to create artful, beautiful florals. Along with floristry we stock an impressive collection of small batch spirts and wines which are produced in Yorkshire, we therefore would prefer our florists to have an interest and knowledge in this industry - we understand our requirements are unique and therefore training will be provided where necessary.
Who are you?
You are a confident and experienced florist who has previous experience of running a retail store – during peak times you will be working as part of a team.
You understand the importance of housekeeping and keeping the store clean and tidy is a daily requirement.
You are expected to have formal qualifications and have the experience of dealing with demanding customers.
You are professional and have experience of conducting consultations for weddings and funerals.
You have the ability to quickly compose fresh hand tied bouquets and arrangements with your creative flare along with minimising waste.
You are a safe and considerate driver as sometimes you are required to make deliveries with the use of the company van.
The applicant must have the following requirements:
• Minimum of 3 years experience required
• Previous florist experience essential
• A reasonable level of fitness
• Fluent English speaker
• Clean driving license
• Provide EOD reports
• Provide spirit tasting to customers
• Enthusiastic and reliable
• Willing to work both independently and as part of a team
• You will be required to work weekends on a rotation basis
• Be able to compile wedding and funeral quotations
• Have experience of flower ordering
• Confident to take orders via the phone
• IT literate (correspond to customers via emails)
• Excellent customer service skills
• Processing on-line sales
• Off-site installations for both corporate and private client homes
• Advising customers instore, over the phone and via email
• Daily upkeep of shop (house keeping)
• Stock rotation
• Take holidays outside of peak times
• Creating beautiful bouquets
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Saturday
Apply with your CV to email@example.com